Tuesday 29 January 2013

Megan's Birthday party

Megan really wanted to have her party at the Forest school - http://www.cotswoldforestschool.co.uk/
Well I really don't mind being in the outdoors but having a party in winter outside didnt really appeal to me!! I did say yes but only if Paul of course was there - the party had to be postponed for a few weeks as Paul was sent to Kenya and there was no way I was going to do it on my own. (Party was this Saturday just gone, a month after her birthday). Even though I have been to the forest school a number of times with school visits but I really wasn't keen on this kind of party. Well what a party, the kids loved it and I have to say one of the best kids parties todate. It has snowed and been really cold over the last few weeks, which I thought at least it isn't going to be that wet down there BUT it rained for the whole day and night before, not only washing away all the snow but turning the ground to a mud bath!!! Who knew mud would be so much fun!!! The kids learnt how to fire start, make a den, play games, eat hot burgers and hotdogs and roast mashmollows and make smores.

(There were four members of staff for the party - thats one for four children, which is fantastic)
Here are some photos from the day - as you will see, it was very muddy!!!!! 


 

  
 



 
 






 






 
 
 

 
 
 
 

A great time was had over all. Megan's friend Izzy thought she was having a mud bath at one point!!!! And from my wellie picture you can see how deep some of the puddles were and I only went into the shallow ones!!!!

No comments: