Tuesday 15 July 2014

Pictures of my wrist - from operations so far! (Scaphoid ligament reconstruction)

I never took any pictures after my first operation but my hand was only a little swollen.

Operation number 2 - these pictures are after I had my bandages removed after two weeks. My wrist was very sore and very swollen.
This is the size of my thumb after 2 weeks!
Over the next 7 weeks I had my cast changed 5 times!! Due to my swelling going down, having to check to wounds or cast rubbing! I tried to have a different colour every time - so over the last 7 months I've had; white, pink, purple, dark blue, purple (after this operation) purple, purple, green, blue, purple. The only colour I didn't want was red.
Pictures after 4 weeks
After 7 weeks
I've since had another operation to check the healing (9 weeks after operation 2) and removal of pins - I will write about this in my next post.

So these pictures are from today after having my stitches out, 2 weeks after operation 3.
At the moment it is still very painful - hurts all the time. Today at the hospital I had a little bad news that is going to slow down my recovery - the said that I have CRPS, Complex regional pain syndrome. I'll write about this in my next post.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: