Sunday 14 October 2012

I have been meaning to post these photos for a while (but I’m rubbish at blogging!!). 
 
Back at the beginning of the year I was asked to help organise a medieval banquet by KS1 teachers at the kid’s school. (For children aged 4 to 7 years). The reason I was asked was that I had mentioned to the teachers that rather than having the banquet in the school hall it was a shame we couldn’t have it somewhere that was more little a castle/palace. (The whole term was on this theme and this was to to the ending party). That’s when I started thinking, (not a good thing to do!!). On the army barracks where we live, the officers’ mess is a very large kind of modern palace (that’s what Megan calls it!), so I thought what a great place to have it. That’s where I came in…two months later of planning, the flags were put up, the banquet made, this dancing practiced and everyone dressed the part. We had a King and Queen who Knighted the boys and made the little girls into little princess. It was a lovely day and hopefully one the kids will all remember.
 
Megan and Ethan in their home-made outfits.
























 

No comments: